Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tradition - Does It still Exist?

Moving your business from one location another can be a real pain in the you know what. Yet more and more businesses are doing it. One reason is to find cheaper premises to lease, another is to move to a better location to attract customers. Did you know that using your employees help cut office moving costs? Of course, it depends on their hourly rate of pay. But remember also, if they do it they can get it done in half the time - an important issue when it comes to cost factoring.

The same is true for medical transcriptionists and others who are working from home. The time comes when it simply becomes unfeasible to work from home. Some people take over a garage and turn that into an office. Others build an office in the back yard while some actually go out and rent office space. Moving is still moving. Of course, perhaps you need to look at Why All Medical Transcriptionists Cannot Work From Home. I think I could - after all, the tradition of work from home is just that - work from home.

Speaking of traditions - what about what Google is doing to their search results pages. They are unrecognizable compared to five years ago. In fact, Google is mentioned in at least every second or third article when it comes to search engines. There is one area that is good news for users who have a lot of data. Google has opened up their Google Docs feature. Users can upload more than just docs.

At the same time, there is talk that Google could take over the net when it comes to search and social. They are certainly trying to be the leaders. Will Google Lead The Social Web? They will certainly keep trying.

I was talking of tradition earlier - I miss some of the traditions from my teens. Some claim that when it comes to a Restaurant Booths Layout - There Is No Such Thing As Tradition. I beg to differ. I remember as a teen, I owned a booth at the local soda shop. The third one down from the door - look out anyone who dared to be in it when I arrived.

Mind you - all those milkshakes and sodas not to mention the burgers and the like - it's no wonder I have bad teeth. I just hope it doesn't affect my heart. Who would have thought that bad teeth can lead to heart disease? I am not joking, Dental Care Affects Matters of the Hearts, Literally.

Just to add insult to injury, they are now suggesting that being a little overweight together with a too little sleep could lead to diabetes. What next - typing at a computer may lead to stiff fingers - too late, I already know that.

Come back tomorrow and we will try to mash a few more internet spuds.

No comments:

Post a Comment